The mission of 2-1-1 US is to ensure that 2-1-1 is Excellent, Everywhere and Always. The rapid growth of 2-1-1 during the first decade of development has transformed access to human services and this achievement needs to be both enhanced and sustained.
The essence of 2-1-1 is in its simplicity:
- 2-1-1 is for everyone and can be remembered by everyone.
- 2-1-1 is free and confidential.
- 2-1-1 makes the entire human services sector at every level of government work more efficiently.
- 2-1-1 has proven itself time after time as an invaluable resource in the aftermath of a disaster.
- 2-1-1 is the number to call to give help and to get help.
As of August 2010, 2-1-1 serves over 246 million Americans (82% of the entire population) covering all or part of 47 states (including 34 states with 90%+ coverage) plus Washington DC and Puerto Rico. The remaining states are all in various stages of planning and implementation. Every few weeks, these coverage numbers increase.
As of September 2008, more than 9,300,000 Canadians -- more than 28% of the population -- have access to 2-1-1 services. Visit 2-1-1 Canada from more information.
This map shows the extent of 2-1-1 coverage in the United States and the list below can link you with the various state 2-1-1 web sites.
If you cannot find information here about your particular state or if you have new information to share, please send us an email.
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here: Search for 2-1-1